1. Skipping the surface (Clay) that has given so much placed next to bearable pain seems like a dumb move.
2. Prospect of Djokovic not only winning Roland Garros and thereby signifying continuation of the 7-final slide, but also completing a Calendar Slam and leap-frogging over Nadal on the GOAT pole.
3. Nadal is 10 clay-court titles away from breaking Vilas’ Open Era haul of 45 clay trophies.
4. Worse case scenario, Nadal is thinking he will shut it down again after the clay season to recuperate - to resume next year - on clay.
5. Wants to make sure Federer is deprived of No. 18 and a double career Slam - at his den.
6. There IS no pain.
7. This was the ONLY way to 'visit' Argentina and Monaco - without causing suspicion.
8. Shot at 8 STRAIGHT Barcelona titles.
9. Shot at 9 STRAIGHT Monte Carlo Masters 1000 titles.
10. Shot at 8 CROOKED Roland Garros titles.